Monofilament Nylon: non-absorbable synthetic suture composed of a polyamide polymer with high elasticity, high tensile strength, controlled elongation, and extremely low tissue reaction. This non-absorbable synthetic suture promotes perfect healing due to its smooth passage through tissues and its physical and physiological properties. When moistened, it is more flexible than in its dry form. It degrades by hydrolysis and disintegrates at a rate of 15 to 20% per year.
- Color: black.
- Gauge: from 10/0 to 2/0 USP.
- Sterilization with ethylene oxide.
- Boxes of 12 or 36 units.
- Used for tissue approximation and ligations.
- Cardiovascular, ophthalmic, microsurgery, neurosurgery.
- Skin closure.
- Other surgeon considerations.