Widely used in general, cardiovascular, plastic, and orthopedic surgery; Polypropylene sutures do not adhere to the tissue and are efficient as removable sutures. Polypropylene sutures are relatively biologically inert and offer proven strength, reliability, and versatility. Therefore, it is recommended to use polypropylene sutures where minimal suture reaction is desired, such as in contaminated and infected wounds to minimize subsequent sinus formation and suture extrusion. They are available in light blue or dyed.
- Color: blue.
- Gauge: from 10/0 to 1 USP.
- Sterilization with ethylene oxide.
- Boxes of 12 or 36 units.
- Used for tissue approximation and ligations.
- Cardiovascular, ophthalmic, neurosurgery.
- Other surgeon considerations.