Polyglactin 910: synthetic absorbable surgical suture, it is indicated for procedures that require approaching tissues (mainly soft) for a period of 56 to 70 days. Allows an accurate placing of the knot, and tends less to plaster the tissues. This suture is made of glycolic acid—lactic acid copolymer (910), and has a synthetic coating made of polyglactin 370 and calcium stearate.
It is a twisted multifilament absorbable suture with synthetic coating, which makes the thread softer when passing through the tissues and tends to decrease the irritation of the same. Has a better tensile strength and a longer absorption period. Polyglactin 910 suture degrades by chemical hydrolysis and then is absorbed and metabolized by the human body. The absorption process is followed by a mass loss and the suture is fully reabsorbed in 90 days.
- Polyglactin 910 surgical suture is prepared with elements easily metabolized and to eliminate by the body, which makes it a soft suture with great absorption and adherence capacity. It is indicated to use in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynecology – Obstetrics, Episiotomy, Urology, Traumatology, Gastroenterology, General Closure, Ligatures, Pediatrics and Cuticles.
- Not suitable for cardiovascular and neurological tissues. As being a synthetic absorbable suture, it should not be used when the approaching to tissues is prolonged.
- Poliglactín 910 thread in violet color.
- Sterilized by Ethylene Oxide.
- Boxes with 12 or 36 units. .
If you have any questions or inquiries, contact us