Monofilament nylon: synthetic non absorbable suture composed of a polyamide polymer, which has great elasticity, high tensile strength, controlled elongation and produces extremely low tissue reactivity. This synthetic non absorbable suture promotes a perfect cicatrization because of its smooth passage through tissue and its physical and physiological properties. When dampened, it is more flexible than in its dry form. It degrades by hydrolysis and decays at a rate of 15 to 20% per year.
It is a synthetic non-absorbable monofilament surgical suture of excellent elasticity, easy passage through tissue and high tensile strength, which produces almost no tissue reaction. This is a thread with great tendency to return to its original state (memory), so it is necessary to apply more knots than braided sutures. It becomes flexible in contact with liquids. It is the non-absorbable material of choice for plastic surgery, nerve repair, vascular surgery, etc.
- Monofilament Nylon is indicated in cardiovascular surgery; general surgery, plastic surgery, microsurgery, thoracic surgery, ophthalmology, gastrointestinal, orthopedic surgery, urology, general closure, cuticular, and retention.
- It is a surgical suture highly recommended for skin closure procedures, for situations in which it is required tissue reaction, and is very useful in case of presence of infection.
- Monofilament Nylon is a suitable material where considerable resistance for long period of time is required (tendons, ligaments, etc.).
- Monofilament Nylon thread is available in black color.
- Boxes per 12 and 36 units.
- Sterilized by Ethylene Oxide.
If you have any questions or inquiries, contact us