Polyglactin Antibacterial: synthetic absorbable surgical suture, it is indicated for procedures that require approaching tissues (mainly soft) for a period of 56 to 70 days. Allows an accurate placing of the knot, and tends less to keep safe the tissues. This suture is made of glycolic acid—lactic acid copolymer 910, and has a synthetic coating made of polyglactin 370 and calcium stearate. Also this antibacterial polyglactin suture contains the antibacterial agent triclosan, guarateeing protection against bacterias and possible infections in the suture.
It is a twisted multifilament absorbable suture with synthetic coating, which makes the thread softer passing through the tissues and tends to decrease the irritation.
Has a better tensile strength and a longer absorption period.
The absorption by hydrolysis process is followed by a mass loss that ma.kes the suture been fully reabsorbed in 90 days by the human body.
- Antibacterial Polyglactin 910 surgical suture is prepared with easily elements metabolized and eliminate by the body, which makes a soft suture with great absorption and adherence capacity.
- Perfect to use in General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Ophthalmic Surgery, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Episiotomy, Urology, Traumatology, Gastroenterology, General Closure, Ligatures, Pediatrics and Cuticles. Not suitable for cardiovascular and neurological tissues. As being a synthetic absorbable suture, it should not be used approaching to tissues.
- Antibacterial Poliglactín 910 in violet color.
- Sterilized by Ethylene Oxide.
- Boxes with 12 or 36 units.
If you have any questions or inquiries, contact us